On 6 November 2017 Transport for London and Westminster City Council launched its second consultation on the transformation of the Oxford Street district. Following on from the first phase of consultation earlier in the year, this round was a set of detailed proposals aimed at:
- Making it much easier to walk throughout the area
- Creating beautiful, safe, accessible and inspiring public spaces full of life and spectacle to address some of the very serious and pressing issues of poor road safety and air quality in the Oxford Street area
- Supporting businesses to grow and respond to the district as it transforms and creating new jobs
- Equally protecting and enhancing the quality of life for residents in the area
- Supporting the introduction of the Elizabeth Line to the area
On behalf of the 600 businesses in the West End that we represent New West End Company drafted and submitted a formal response to these proposals.
To read our full response click here.
For further information about the Oxford Street district Transformation click here.