New West End Company is seeking an Insight Executive to join our fast-paced team working on one of the most valuable services that we provide our member organisations.
To apply please get in touch with Head of Insight Kyle Monk firstname.lastname@example.org
6 Month contract with option to go permanent for the right candidate. Initial limitation due to BID Renewal programme set for December.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting the weekly performance update
- Copy proofing and checking data sets for our monthly ‘West End Trade Intelligence’ updates.
- Creating presentations for board meetings
- Helping in the administration of our supplier network
- Running quantitative and qualitative surveys, both B2C and B2B
- Parsing information from multiple sources into secondary research
- Data cleansing & administration of CRM system (shared)
- Manage dissemination of research through various channels (B2B app, Mailchimp, etc)
- Reporting into the Head of Insight
Why work for New West End Company
- We’re a non-profit, straddling the line between corporate and public sector.
- A chance to work for a unique company on a broad range of projects, across the public and private sector. You may be working with luxury brands one day, and the Home Office the next.
- Based on Regent Street in the heart of the West End, but have flexibility to work from home when it makes sense. Fun & professional team and lots of company benefits.
- We want to build a world class Insights team, delivering actionable research & analytics to senior stakeholders that help shape the West End & London. We’re at the start of that journey and you would play a key role helping us get there.
- A love of solving data problems and learning new things.
- A logical mind, able to connect trends across differing data sets
- A degree in an analytical field (for example Science, Maths, Engineering, Economics, Finance).
- The detective skills to investigate why trends might be happening, and the people skills to get answers.
- Razor sharp maths and enough stats to separate the signal from the noise.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills with a desire to improve. You’ll know your way around pivot tables, VLOOKUPS and maybe even and INDEX MATCH, and also know when Excel isn’t the right tool for the job.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, willing to propose new ideas, and strong enough to accept critical but constructive feedback on them.
Nice to have
- Qualitative and/or quantitative research experience a massive bonus.
- CRM and data cleaning skills (We use Insightly)
- Knowledge of email distribution software (We use Mailchimp).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- An understanding of how a modern retail business operates and what makes the gears turn.
- Top notch kit, access and training to latest analytics tools
- Training budget for the right candidate to fill skills gaps
- Friday drinks
- Invites to events and launches
- Discounts at many of the brands on Oxford, Regent & Bond Street.
- As an Insight Analyst, you will be responsible for helping people make sense of the retail landscape through data. The appetite for insight runs deep at the New West End Company and you will be fielding requests from business areas such as PR, Operations, Marketing, Sponsorship, Inwards Investment, Property and more.
- A large part of the role will make use of pre-existing data contracts (Footfall, sales, exit surveys) to synthesise recommendations for our members.
- You will also support in the development and implementation of large scale research studies, and smaller ad-hoc measurement activities.
- It is an exciting time to join the team as we move to automate recurring tasks, and gather information to trial new innovative measurement techniques, allowing you to very quickly add measureable value to the business.
- You’ll have the freedom to solve each challenge the way you think fits best, with a support base to help you when you need it.