Job title: Insight Executive
Reports to: Head of Insight
An exciting opportunity for an Insight Executive to join our small but busy team in London’s West End. This role will be working with some of the biggest names in retail from high street to Luxury, and we need someone who is willing to work hard and is keen to develop their knowledge on retail and businesses in the West End.
6-9 Month role with option for future work for the right candidate. Initial limitation due to BID Renewal programme set for December.
Insights represent a relatively new delivery arm for New West End Company, and has scored as one of the most valuable services that we provide our member organisations. Under the supervision of the Head of Insight, you will will be supporting the continued successful delivery of this function.
- Drafting the weekly performance update
- Copy proofing and checking data sets for our monthly ‘West End Trade Intelligence’ updates.
- Creating presentations for board meetings
- Helping in the administration of our supplier network
- Running quantitative and qualitative surveys, both B2C and B2B
- Parsing information from multiple sources into secondary research
- Data cleansing & administration of CRM system (shared)
- Manage dissemination of research through various channels (B2B app, Mailchimp, etc)
Core Skills, knowledge, experience required
The ideal candidate, as well as being a highly motivated self-starter, will have the following skills:
- A love of solving data problems and learning new things
- A logical mind, able to connect trends across differing data set
- A degree in an analytical field (for example Science, Maths, Engineering, Economics, Finance)
- The detective skills to investigate why trends might be happening, and the people skills to get answers
- Razor sharp maths and enough stats to separate the signal from the noise
- Excellent spreadsheet skills with a desire to improve. You’ll know your way around pivot tables, VLOOKUPS and maybe even and INDEX MATCH, and also know when Excel isn’t the right tool for the job
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, willing to propose new ideas, and strong enough to accept critical but constructive feedback on them
Desirable skills and experience
- Qualitative and/or quantitative research experience a massive bonus
- CRM and data cleaning skills (We use Insightly)
- Knowledge of email distribution software (We use Mailchimp)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign
- An understanding of how a modern retail business operates and what makes the gears turn
- Top notch kit, access and training to latest analytics tools
- Training budget for the right candidate to fill skills gaps
- Friday drinks
- Invites to events and launches
- Discounts at many of the brands on Bond, Oxford and Regent Street
The New West End Company is the UK’s most famous Business Improvement District, providing support and services to 600 retail brands and the UK’s leading property companies. We work in partnership with these organisations and other partners across government and the private sector to deliver world leading events and marketing for the West End, lobbying for our members, and driving large scale public realm developments. With under 20 employees, and an operating budget of 6.4m, you will be joining a highly passionate and tightly knit team.
Why work for New West End Company
- We’re a well-funded non-profit, straddling the line between corporate and public sector.
- A chance to work for a unique company on a broad range of projects, across the public and private sector. You may be working with luxury brands one day, and the Home Office the next
- Based on Regent Street in the heart of the West End, but have flexibility to work from home when it makes sense. Fun & professional team, brand new office and lots of company benefits
- We want to build a world class Insights team, delivering actionable research & analytics to senior stakeholders that help shape the West End & London. We’re at the start of that journey and you would play a key role helping us get there
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.