- January 26, 2016 - January 28, 2016
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
New West End Company is hosting a three day exhibition to show the progress of the Bond Street Development Plan and find out more about the proposals for Bond Street, including visuals and material for the plan.
Members from the project will be present to answer any specialist questions.
The improvement plan is to be delivered with the support of Westminster City Council and Transport for London and includes a fully refurbished public realm reflecting the reputation and calibre of the area and its luxury retail and showcase offer;
- High quality, easily accessible environment – with exemplary public realm, enhanced entrance from Oxford Street and Piccadilly wider pavements, improvements to the public carriageway and new signage.
- Improved parking and reduced traffic – better managed traffic, new facilities for servicing and out of hours, new parking arrangements offering better access to stores and business, and improved cycle parking.
- A place to dwell – new street furniture facilities for temporary events, enhanced surrounding dining offer, new public art.
- A safer environment – new lighting, improved pedestrian crossings and better wayfinding.
- Consolidation of freight and deliveries – Bond Street will be one of the first areas to benefit from this.